5.09.2009

Dreamer

Lately I have been thinking a lot about dreams, dreaming and dreamers! I always admire those people who have dreams, follow them and actually go for it. I feel like a lot of times we dream and then seem paralyzed to move. Whether it be because of fear or just complacency. It could be any number of things. I have decided that I want to go for my dreams...I want to move, I want to achieve them. Over the years I have collected magazine pages and pictures of things that I love and would just dream about them! I am going to start making these things happen...no matter how long it takes. No matter how big the idea.

Dream #1
I have always wanted a unique, special headboard. I am really into uniqueness...I love one of a kind things. I toyed with the idea of finding an old antique iron bed...an iron fence/gate...an old door...and other various headboard possibilities. Somehow I decided that it would be awesome if I could use an old mantle but never imagined I'd find one...I mean where would one buy a mantle anyhow? A few weeks ago my mom, aunt, sister and I made a trip to Canton, Tx where we shopped "Trade Days". It was AMAZING. If you like treasure hunting/shopping this is the place for you. It isnt for the faint of heart though...you've gotta be ready to shop till you drop. There was nearly 6,000 vendors there. On our last day...last row of vendors with nearly empty pockets I saw from a distance...could that really be an antique MANTLE?! When I got to the booth, measured the mantle...it was exactly the perfect size for a queen bed! AHHHH! I asked the vendor how much and he said $85 and I reached into my pocket to count. My heart began to race as I realized I only had $67 left. This couldnt be! I HAD TO HAVE this mantle...So I asked ever so kindly if he would take $67 because thats all I had left and I had been dreaming about this for a long time. I think he felt bad for me...which was okay because dream #1 was achieved. I was finally the proud owner of a perfectly aged antique mantle. I will post pictures soon!

All in all, I hope you follow your dreams too. You never know when your mantle will show up unexpectedly...it IS possible.

Megan

No comments: