8.02.2009

Trash to Treasure

"For those who are willing to make an effort, great miracles and wonderful treasures are in store"

One of my very favorite things to do is turn someones trash into treasures. Every so often the city hosts a 'big trash pickup' where you are allowed to put all your 'big trash' on the curb and they will pick it up for free. THIS is the best time for ultimate 'trashing'. My fiance thinks something is wrong with me when I call ecstatic about digging through trash and all the potential treasures out there to find! I guess I see potential in lots of things others don't. I feel better knowing that I am not the only one who enjoys this...because I see other driving around and snooping in piles!


Here is my latest trash to treasure...

While on a walk I found a coffee table with glass broken out and a wobbly leg in the trash. Decided it had endless potential and snatched it up. Here is a before picture. I didnt take an original picture so this has been sanded and holes filled. But you get the idea.

I plan on painting, putting tile where the glass panes used to be and enjoying! Finished product to be continued....

I think if you look for the potential...add a little elbow grease....you'll find many wonderful treasures are in store.


Megan

No comments: